Beautiful & healthy spring green salad with fresh seasonal produce, seeds, avocado & the BEST basil lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy as a main meal, spring side salad, orbring it to a party!
Hi Spring. So nice of you to finally arrive and warm my bones.
When youre from the Midwest, you know that theres a huge discrepancy from when the calendar says its officially spring to when it actually gets warm out. Some years it just goes from Winter to Summer in the span of a week. This Spring has been kind though, its been warm and beautiful here in Chicago for a few weeks now.
I dont know about you, but the one thing I really love about Spring is all the fresh, seasonal produce. In an effort to help you save money and eat seasonally,I thought Id share my favorite veggie-packed, nutritious spring green salad with you. Its inspired by various trips to the local salad bar where I always spend wayyy too much money. Anyone else?
1. Meal prepthis salad for the perfect healthy work lunch! Its full full of fresh, seasonal ingredients that youll love. Just add the dressing right before serving.
2. If youre headed to a spring party or potluck, it also makes an incredibly colorful salad platter.
3. Its naturally gluten free & vegan-friendly (just leave off the feta!) so its great for sharing.
4. Theres plenty of nutrition and fiber in this salad from fresh produce, so it will keep you full.
5. The lemon basil dressing is absolutely killer! Use it on almost any salad recipe or even as a chicken marinade.
Another great aspect of this salad is that you can make it your own. Add more toppings if youd like! Hope you love. xo
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below to let me know how to you liked it. If youre on Instagram, be sure to snap a pic and tag #ambitiouskitchen so I can check out your creations! xo.
The Easiest Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad
Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado, Toasted Almonds + Goat Cheese
Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Orange Strawberry Avocado Salad with Citrus Poppyseed Dressing
Kale, Edamame & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
The nutrition information includes the everything on the salad plus the dressing.
To make this salad vegan, skip the feta cheese.
This recipe is in partnership with Peapod. All recipes, thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible. xo!
Photography and recipe by Monique Volz // Photography Editing by Sarah Fennel